Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prayer

Has anyone ever had trouble sleeping at night? Well, it happens quite often for me. I have learned that when I am awake and can't sleep, the Lord is wanting me to pray. It puts me at peace and I fall asleep. I had one of those nights last night. So, I began to pray. My mind wanders all over the place. I pray for my family, friends, church people, country, government, whatever comes to my mind. Then, I sit quietly and hear this small voice saying, " Just as my disciples came with me to pray in the garden of Gethsemane I too call you to pray. Don't get weary and fall asleep as they did, but be alert and be praying." I thought, WOW, could this be God? Oh yea. I thought, how selfish I was to think I deserve to sleep when He (God) wants me to pray. We all need to be alert. God is calling His people to pray. If we humble ourselves and pray and turn from our wicked ways, then we will hear from Heaven, will forgive their sins and heal their land. That is from the Bible, in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Let me just encourage you all that God is calling us to pray. Just had to share this with you all. Have a blessed day, Pastor Melissa

3 comments:

Pastor Judi said...

Great message! I needed to hear it too. Read Haggai 1 & 2 in The Message and see how much it correlates to what is happening with us. Love you, Sista-Friend! PJ

Darcey said...

Amazingly wonderful how gracious God is in reminding us to come and spend time with him in prayer. This is the 3rd time in less than 24hours that the passage re: the garden of Gesemane has been brought to my attention...again
Much Love

mlynch@blogspot.com said...

Pastor Melissa,
As much time as I spend with God; being able to be in such a ministry that can cause me to renew constantly and take a closer watch, more than ever before because of the time we live in. You've done well to remind me. Thank you